I recently posted on Instagram asking for a few recommendations for devotions to do during my quiet time! I've been craving for something a little deeper, wanting to deepen my knowledge of the Bible. And y'all gave some amazing suggestions!
I had a lot of people ask me to share the suggestions - so here you go! I haven't done any of these before - so they're all new to me, but all sounds amazing. At the end of this post I share which one I ended up choosing to start with.
So without further adieu - let's get to it!
Suggestions for your quiet time (deep dive) devotions:
- Precepts Ministries Books (link here) **
- Inductive Study Method by Precept Ministries (link here) **
- "Walk in Grace" by Well Watered Women (link here)
- "Alive in Him" by Gloria Furman (link here)
- "God of Creation Gen. 1-11" or "1 Peter" (link here and here)
- "The Way of Abundance" Devotion (link here)
- Hannah Brencher's Devotion (link here)
- "The Quest" by Beth Moore (link here)
- She Reads Truth - the app or workbook (link here and app link here) **
- "Seamless" by Angie Smith (link here) **
- Jen Wilkin's Studies from Village Church (link here) **
- Bible Study Fellowship (BSF International) - (link here)
- "In The Waiting" by Holly Holt (link here)
- "Sparkling Gems" 365 Greek Word Study (link here)
- "Write The Word" by Cultivate What Matters (link here)
- "Discovering God's Design" by Amanda Walker (link here)
- "Everybody Always" or "Love Does" by Bob Goff (link here and here)
- The First5 App by Proverbs 31 Ministries (link here to download)
- Anything by Beth Moore (link to her books on Amazon)
- "Esther" by Beth Moore (link here)
- "Open Your Bible" (link here)
** recommended more than once
There are so many good options! I'm excited to (eventually) work my way through this list. Though that might take awhile... Have y'all ever done any of these studies before? Or are there any on here that you've been wanting to start?
For me personally - the Precept Ministries is the one I'm starting with! This is the one I've heard the most about (honestly before I even posted this question, I had a friend highly recommend this study) and then I had even more people recommend it, so I took it as a sign. I love that it was literally scripturally based (it's a method that you literally learn to study you Bible in a new, deep way, and build connections). This was just the thing that I needed! I've been craving finding depth in my quiet time, and this book seemed like just the thing!
I've been trying to read one chapter every day of the month from Proverbs. This is something I've done on-and-off all year - so I figured (without knowing really where else to start) that this study would be a great place to start! So I bought this Proverbs Study and I'm excited for it to come in!
** Please note: some of these links are affiliate links. If you purchase with these links, there is no additional cost for you, but they'll give me a small portion of their profit for your purchase. This helps fund time spent on these posts - so thanks in advance for using a link!