Mug of the Week: Flourish Where You're Planted
Posted on 31 July 2017
So I'm adding a new weekly feature to the blog - and as you might have guessed, it's called the MUG OF THE WEEK series!
I created this series because I realized that it's a BIG commitment to purchase something online, especially because you miss that tangible aspect of getting to hold and feel the items in your hand, getting a really good idea of how the mug makes you feel and if it's worth the splurge.
If you're laughing at me right now, then you just don't simple understand. For those of you that are nodding your heads up and down, saying, "YES! THIS IS ME!" Then these posts are for you! I know for myself, I'm totally a "it matters how to the cup feels and is held in my hand" kind of person, because drinking coffee in the morning isn't just a necessity as much as it is also an experience....
Anyways, I'm probably borderline sounding like a crazy mug lady (I'll claim the title) but either way, I thought it would be fun to add more photos, show y'all how I'm drinking out of the mug throughout the week (follow me on Instagram to see these posts and behind the scenes on my insta story) AND a video feature where I explain through and show y'all as much of the mug as I can!
Hope you find this series helpful whenever you go to purchase! If you have any questions of things you want to know about the mugs, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.
So let's dig into learning ALL about my newest, sunshine yellow mug - "Flourish Where You're Planted" mug!
So first off, let's talk about where the idea for the phrase came from. I am frequently asked how I come up and choose my phrases - so let's dive in! This phrase was inspired by the quote, "Bloom Where You're Planted" which I had in my notes of a phrase I eventually wanted to turn into a product.
However, I never really moved forward with the quote, because even though I loved it, something just didn't seem right. UNTIL one day, my darling friend Brittany Lou had on her instastory "FLOURISH where you are planted" written in her journal, and
I IMMEDIATELY fell in LOVE!
I INSTANTLY sent her a DM and asked if she would be okay with me using her adaptation of this phrase on products, and she said yes! As a thank you, I sent her the Flourish tee as soon as it arrived and it was one of her favorites until a tragic washer accident happened... Anyways,it's a really powerful quote and I love how much it resonates with others! It definitely leaves me inspired, and it makes me so happy to know that y'all feel the same.
Now, you need to know why this phrase struck a chord with a simple word change.
I'm a total word nerd - perhaps because my love language is words, but either way, I love learning where words come from and their definitions.
So here's the definition of flourish:
"To grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way," or
"A bold or extravagant gesture or action."
Here's a few more definitions I found for Flourish:
1. to be in a vigorous state; thrive.
2. to be at the height of development, activity, influence, or fame.
3. to be successful; prosper.
4. to grow luxuriantly or thrive in growth.
Now I mean... Who WOULDN'T want to have all of their things in their life?! <br>
So needless to say, this phrase spoke to me and I know I immediately had to turn it into a product. So this spring I turned it into this tee and this tank and now, into the mug that's being featured TODAY!
So, now let's get into the nitty gritty. The video below talks about all these things in a much more fun way than simply reading a bullet list, but for all the readers out there, here you go!
- This mug holds 10 ounces (the typical mug holds 11, so it's just shy of your standard mug size)
- It's a bright, sunshine yellow color
- The mug is thick. Ex: if you've ever been to Waffle House, the mugs are your basic diner mugs (which I LOVE)
- The design is screenprinted, so it's a quality made print that will last
- The handle is thick, so it will protect your fingers from piping hot beverages
- The mug is on the heavier side, so it feels like a campfire mug
- The design is printed on one side.
- This mug is microwave safe!
- This mugs are top rack dishwasher safe*
* Some hardcore dishwashers have smudged the design, so I generally advise customers to hand wash or proceed at your own risk. I will say I put all my mugs in the dishwasher and haven't ever had a problem, but again, proceed at your own risk.
I think that's about it! Again if you have any other questions, please leave a comment below.
Lastly, here's a quick little video of the mug so you can get a better idea of what it looks like and how it is held. Enjoy!