DIY: Lavender Pillow Mist
Posted on 25 May 2017
Today I wanted to share a quick and easy recipe that's an absolute favorite of mine! It's no secret that I am completely lavender obsessed, and so it should come to no surprise that I use lavender every single day! One of my favorite uses for lavender, and the one that really started my lavender/oil addiction in the first place, is a lavender pillow mist!
This recipe is one of THE easiest recipes out there, and you probably already have all but one or two of the ingredients already in your home.
DIY LAVENDER PILLOW MIST
- 1-2 ounce amber, glass* spray bottle (I use THIS brand)
- Pure lavender essential oil (I use THIS one from Young Living)
- Epsom Salt
- Distilled or filtered water
1. Add a pinch of salt to your glass bottle.
2. Add a few drops of the pure lavender essential oil. I would shake/twist the bottle so the salt and oils are mixed together well!
3. Add your water! Then put on the top, give everything a good shake, and you're good to go!
This pillow mist also doubles as a great linen mist, so feel free to spray it on your sheets, comforters, or couches around the house to give your home a calming and delicious smell!
Hope you enjoy! Can't wait to see what you make :)
* It's important to use glass whenever working with essential oils, because oils extract some of the chemical elements from the plastic, aluminum, etc. and essentially leach and infuse it with the essential oil - which definitely would NOT be good! You can read a little more on why glass is important, and amber (or color tinted bottles) are important via this link. Warning, the article says it's okay to use aluminum and plastic, and just as a safety umbrella, I would just stick to using glass!